Air Conditioner Problem - 2006 F-150 Crew Cab - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2006, 12:18   #1 (permalink)

mad Air Conditioner Problem - 2006 F-150 Crew Cab

Hey there,

I just got my new F-150 about 4 months ago. Where I live it gets hot during the summer, we are between 102 and 110 all this week. The air conditioner in this truck sucks. It takes forever to cool down and then it never cools down the cab area completely. In every other car I have had I am usually turning the a/c down after a few minutes because it gets so cold no matter how hot it is outside. Driving this truck I have it on full blast all the time and it just barely makes the cab area confortable. I do not want to have to run this thing at max a/c all the time with the fans on high to just stay somewhat comfortable. We took it to the dealer this morning to have it checked out and they, of course, said that it was perfect and we have no problems with it. I am reading about this being a problem on other forums and nobody there has been able to get any decent fixes for it. We have one of these trucks here at work, same year and everything, and that a/c gets ice cold. Does anyone here have any ideas on what to do or even have this problem? It really set me off today when the dealer was worthless and didn't care.
unusualpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2006, 08:08   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Air Conditioner Problem - 2006 F-150 Crew Cab

I would say that there must be a problem with the A/C system. Get a "meat thermometer" and place it in the duct on the dash with the A/C running. The temp should be no more than 50 degrees Farenhiet. If it is higher, then take it back to that dealer and complain to the manager of the service dept.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 16:01   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualpsycho
Hey there,

I just got my new F-150 about 4 months ago. Where I live it gets hot during the summer, we are between 102 and 110 all this week. The air conditioner in this truck sucks. It takes forever to cool down and then it never cools down the cab area completely. In every other car I have had I am usually turning the a/c down after a few minutes because it gets so cold no matter how hot it is outside. Driving this truck I have it on full blast all the time and it just barely makes the cab area confortable. I do not want to have to run this thing at max a/c all the time with the fans on high to just stay somewhat comfortable. We took it to the dealer this morning to have it checked out and they, of course, said that it was perfect and we have no problems with it. I am reading about this being a problem on other forums and nobody there has been able to get any decent fixes for it. We have one of these trucks here at work, same year and everything, and that a/c gets ice cold. Does anyone here have any ideas on what to do or even have this problem? It really set me off today when the dealer was worthless and didn't care.
The newer gases are these days normally a mix , very inefficient and can be improved , speak to your service manager and make him check level and output , it should be dropping air colder than 4 or 5 deg C into the cab at the vent ... and dont accept "they are just like that" it can be fixed
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 20:00   #4 (permalink)

We took it to the dealer and they gave us this big story about Ford's rule being that if the air it blows is 30 degrees colder than the outside air the system is fine. It was 103 outside and the thing was blowing at 60 from the vents. If that theory holds up I will go back when it is only 80 outside and see what they say then. I got the meat thermometer and we kept it in there for a very long time and the lowest it ever got was 60 degrees from the vent. It was set to Max to get that temp and it was still sitting at 89 degrees in the cab without the vent blowing right on you. I have filed a complaint directly to Ford now and they want me to call them on Monday for an actual talk. I also informed them in my e-mail about how my wife suffers from leg cramping in extreme heat and could barely drive the truck home from the dealer because it never got cool in the cab and she started having major cramping.
Old 06-27-2006, 17:07   #5 (permalink)

I Have The Same Problem, 2006 F150 Crew Cab With Hot Ac, It Blows 60 At Idle I Took It To Gator Ford In Tampa Fl, Where It Was Bought And The First Time They Said The Orphase Was Broken Causing High Head Pressure.280psi I Picked It Up And Drove It For A Day And Its Still Hot. I Took It Back And Was Told The Ford Story About 30 Deg Colder Than Its Outside. I Checked The Pressures Myself And Got 280 Psi The Same Gator Ford Told Me Was Too High On The First Visit. I Am A Ford Man All The Way But If The New Trucks Are Not Going To Have Cold Air And Ford Will Not Stand Behind Their Product Im Going To Gmc...
REDNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 22:59   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
We took it to the dealer and they gave us this big story about Ford's rule being that if the air it blows is 30 degrees colder than the outside air the system is fine. It was 103 outside and the thing was blowing at 60 from the vents. If that theory holds up I will go back when it is only 80 outside and see what they say then. I got the meat thermometer and we kept it in there for a very long time and the lowest it ever got was 60 degrees from the vent. It was set to Max to get that temp and it was still sitting at 89 degrees in the cab without the vent blowing right on you. I have filed a complaint directly to Ford now and they want me to call them on Monday for an actual talk. I also informed them in my e-mail about how my wife suffers from leg cramping in extreme heat and could barely drive the truck home from the dealer because it never got cool in the cab and she started having major cramping.
Simple fact is they lied , it's the dealer saying that so lets wait and see if Ford come to the party , my 2005 Ford drops air at 4 dec into the car on 40 deg c days... thats well below 60 deg F on a 100+ plus day so either the Australian Ford is a better car or your local dealer is a pratt.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:11   #7 (permalink)

Ford has made their decision now. Apparently, they will only accept whatever the dealer tells them so they researched my problem by calling the dealer and asking them what the problem is. Of course the dealer said it meets Ford standards so there is nothing they can do and we can just live with it. I obviously find that unacceptable. If it was every car Truck they made that worked like this I would be unhappy but not as pissed as I am now because it appears as though half the trucks out there work great and the other half, like mine, work like shit. The fact that they can see that for themselves and still tell me there is no problem makes me not trust anyone from Ford anymore. So far the only thing I am waiting on is that I made my complaint known to Ford with all of the details listed here and made them process a Buyback Claim. I do not think they will approve it, but I plan on breathing down their neck until I am made happy or until I make myself feel better by pissing them off with constant complaints and bitching.
Old 07-04-2006, 15:09   #8 (permalink)

I am in Phoenix and I am experiencing the same thing (Thus the reason for me looking around for info on the web)… At best, from an enclosed garage, it works ok. It has to blast on hi to somewhat maintain the temp. If you go out to a store or whatever and have to park in the sun, you are in for a long ride on the way home. Eventually, it does cool down... It takes about 15 minutes. I am exploring putting better window tint on to assist in the thermal absorption into the cab. It is too bad to own a truck for a few months and have it not work too well. Perhaps if we start a campaign and everyone call all of their local dealers once a day to ask if F150s are experiencing problems with the climate system, Ford might get off their arse and fix the problem. Other than that, it is a great truck.

P.S. The thing that is frustrating, is my other car works like a champ and barely has to work on keeping the interior cool and it is a 3 year old.
Ducatiduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 16:14   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Ford has made their decision now. Apparently, they will only accept whatever the dealer tells them so they researched my problem by calling the dealer and asking them what the problem is. Of course the dealer said it meets Ford standards so there is nothing they can do and we can just live with it. I obviously find that unacceptable. If it was every car Truck they made that worked like this I would be unhappy but not as pissed as I am now because it appears as though half the trucks out there work great and the other half, like mine, work like shit. The fact that they can see that for themselves and still tell me there is no problem makes me not trust anyone from Ford anymore. So far the only thing I am waiting on is that I made my complaint known to Ford with all of the details listed here and made them process a Buyback Claim. I do not think they will approve it, but I plan on breathing down their neck until I am made happy or until I make myself feel better by pissing them off with constant complaints and bitching.
I would suggest they are not keeping to the warranty , so you need to decide if voting for another dealer is worth it and when you do inform ford and your current dealer , also if you have the spare $ have a good a/c guy check it , it may be low on gas or leaked one of the two agses it's filled with ( happens in split home systems a lot) so may need a top up... let us know how you go.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:21   #10 (permalink)

06 crew cab!!!!!I know Im a little late on this a/c issue but does anybody have an out come on this one cause mine blows warm and the dealer said THATS THE WAY IT IS and for $45.000.00 king ranch I think they (ford) could give us a little more support. I live in hawaii and do alot of paper work in my truck being a contractor and living on a freaking island where were all stuck in traffic and have a blow dryer in my dashboard for $600.00 bucks a month COME ON!!!!!!
losemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel