Ford Forums banner

Air does not come out of panel vents

8K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  denwayanderson 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have a ford f-250 7.3L diesel and I am having problems with the air flow. The air only comes out of the defroster outlet. no air comes from anywhere else.

any help would be appreciated:beerbottl

#2 ·
Sounds like the blend door is stuck. At least it's stuck on defrost, which isn't the best for A/C use, but better to have for the winter months. Only solution here is to tear apart the dash and readjust the blower (clean out the tubes,etc) and secure the linkage which is vacuum actuated. Best case, is that a vac line came off, however it still involves tearing into the dash. If you do this yourself with a GOOD repair manual (Haynes or Chilton) expect a good 6-8hour completion time. It's all in the labour.

#3 ·
thanks for your reply. I noticed on the inside of the cab, below the dash there is a unit with a block snap on/off box surrounding this unit. I suppose this would have nothing to do with nothing...anyway where would the blender unit be found out once the dash is off?

Thanks for all your help

#4 ·
I couldn't tell you from personal experience as every vehicle is different. Generally, it'll be behind the center console, some vehicles it's on the passenger side behind the dash. In the black box you speak of, you should find a resistor/solenoid there that controls the blower motor speed as you turn the fan adjustment knob. I haven't had to take that apart on any of my vehicles yet.

#12 ·
Re: Air does not come out of panel vents-Now my washer pump does not work

More problems!! My washer pump does not work as well as the air not coming from the vents. I have checked the fuse on both problems and all is clear. I noticed there is a washer relay in the power distribution box, of course I would have to pull this and probably replace it, since I do not know of a way to test it.

I was wondering if these problems are somehow connected. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.