Ford Forums banner

Autozone & Jim's Truck

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  82f100 
#1 ·
Autozone also told me they had a master cylinder for my 65-F-100. When I got there the counterman (and I call him this because I don't consider him to be a parts man) brought me a dual reservior cylinder and not a single like my truck carries. When I told him it was the wrong part, he said it was the right part but that he had to look it up for a 1967 because there computor didn't go back to 1965. So I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the button pushing, question asking countermen (not parts men at Autozone or Advance Auto). But if I were You Jim I would also look for something as simple as replacing the rubber fuel lines attached to the fuel tank selector valve as you could have a defective inner liner on the one hose that may partially block the flow of fuel when switch to that tank. After all you did say 1991 and thats getting a little old for rubber lines to perform correctly. Just a possibility.

#2 ·
ive had good luck with the autozone in my area. i usualy go to there web site and look up my parts before going there. that way i know if they have them in stock and i dont have to take a chance with someone not knowing what there doin. i dont know how far back there computer goes, but i have looked up and bought parts for my 54 dodge from them. i also checked out brake parts for my 63 f100. they dont have everything i need in stock but they do have most of it, including a master cylinder. i find there prices to be better than the parts stores that my work uses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.