Break In - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 07:47   #1 (permalink)

Break In

Well 3 weeks ago I had someone pop my drivers side window, and tear up my dash for the Kenwood Navigation system. It was too bad, but at least I found out some things I thought I didn't have to worry about.

For instance, I was under the assumption that the alarm that came with the truck covered the doors. yeah, stupid me... I talked to the salesman, and told him if he had told me that the alarm in the truck didn't cover someone opening the doors, I would have gotten one. I hunt and I travel alot, and I am darn lucky no one has taken my things before now.

I mentioned it amazes me that that a $50k + truck doesn't come with an alarm covering the doors. They have since given me the additional alarm covering the doors, but isn't that a little like closing the gate after the cows are gone.

But upsets me even more is when the service tech told me a professional would have just popped the lock on the door with a rod and a hammer. The whack the lock, it falls in the door and they can open the truck right up.

$50k+ for this???

So I ask you all out there, does anyone make an aftermarket lock mechanism that we can install on out doors so that cannot take place?

Suggestions?
thuferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 10:24   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Break In

An amateur pops the lock with a rod and hammer or bust windows out. An alarm is ok. A professional wouldn't leave any signs, except what's missing. All that aside, the harder you make it to gain entry, the more damage that will be done. If it is made by man, it can be defeated by man.
Most Fords with the factory alarm, arms the doors, but only if the alarm is set, not just locked. I think the alarm only sounds for 30 minutes or so, then shuts off.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:10   #3 (permalink)

The more noise he makes breaking in the longer time I have to greet him with my dbl. barrel.
thuferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 20:57   #4 (permalink)
TXWolf

I put in an after market alarm with three micro sirens under the dash and front seats. They are each a screeching 120dB. The sound is so painful to deal with when in the truck, no one will want to stay in it. It's tought to steal a radio with both hands covering your ears, and blood leaking out your eye sockets.
awolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 21:13   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Years ago a friend of mine that worked at a salvage yard was attempting to remove an old shaft style car stereo from a vehicle. After removing the shaft nuts he reached under and sliced four of his finger to the bone. The ex owner had soldered razor blades & fish hooks all over the case of the car stereo.

That was some old school anti-theft tactics Now days you'd get sued by a car stereo thief. And lose!!!!
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31   #6 (permalink)
canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko View Post
That was some old school anti-theft tactics Now days you'd get sued by a car stereo thief. And lose!!!!
Yep. Worst case from that would be the thief bleeding to death in the vehicle, and you go to jail on manslauger charges! Wonderful world, eh.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:37   #7 (permalink)

Garage

Why would the factory put an alarm on when the insurance company will pay for it and you come back and buy a replacement?

The factory alarm works somewhat. Someone got my door lock popped where I could see they tried to get in but the horn kept blowing and scared them away.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel