Bucking/Shuddering F-150 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2005, 17:58   #1 (permalink)

Bucking/Shuddering F-150

I have been reading on this forum some of the responses and possible issues with the ever so fun Bucking and Shuddering or "hesitation" as some call it from a 1993 F-150 5.0. I have started to have some issues with the truck really bucking around at lower rpm settings and in warmer weather. Heck, if you could hold for 8 seconds with some of these bucking events you would be could enough to be on the Profession Bull Riders Tour.

Symptoms:
At lower RPM settings the vehicle acts as if it is missing big time. Shakes and shudders like no other. Hesitation is an understatement. At times I start losing speed instead of gaining speed. Engine Light comes on only about 5-10% of the time. If I step all the way on the throttle it goes away until it shifts and I let off the throttle to a lower setting. Then it starts again. I have noticed that in COLD weather, less than 45 degrees F, it seems to almost have no issues at all. As soon as the outside temp rises above 50 and as it continues to rise it gets much worse, the shaking that is. Is not related to a miles per hour. Mostly the low throttle in warmer temps.

What I have done/tested:
Changed Oil/filter less than 100 miles ago
Changed Fuel Filter less than 100 miles ago
Changed Spark Plugs/Distributor Cap/Roter less than 100 Miles ago
Have tried using both front and back tanks to see if it was a fuel pump and using either tank gives same results.

Any suggestions would be great. If I continue with this ride as the summer comes you all will see me on the PBR Tour and I will make enough money to buy a new one and get rid of this one. Thanks again.
TimWSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 13:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bucking/Shuddering F-150

I am replying to my own post but maybe it will help someone in the future. After doing some more trouble shooting and asking more questions I changed the plug wires. That was one of the few normal tune up items i did not perform because the wires looked fairly new and looked ok. A man at a local auto parts shop told me to go home and get it up to running temp. Put the truck in drive with the brake on and give it gas. If it misses and bucks like before it is the wires. Sure enough, as advertised, it missed and bucked around. I changed the wires and haven't had an issue since. Running great. No more engine light and gas mileage has gone way up again. So fairly easy fix for me overall.
TimWSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel