cab leak and signal issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 08:38   #1 (permalink)

confused cab leak and signal issue

Hi guys! I have a serious problem. I have a 2005 FX4 extended cab truck. I backed out of my driveway the other day and water sloshed onto my left foot!!! I thought the replacement windshield had a leak so I took it back to them. They pulled up the kick panels next to the seat that cover the wire routing channels and both sides were about to overflow. They air/foam tested the windshield to confirm there were no leaks. To be sure, they took it next door to an auto top company who puts in sunroofs and convertible tops. They found 2 body seams that "need to be fixed" and that the water was coming in from around the door checks on both sides. They couldn't guarantee that it would stop the problem. The body seam was fixed ($200 to troubleshoot and repair seams) but truck is still leaking. I'm the original owner and truck hasn't been wrecked. I took it to Ford to let them do a water leak test on it. They found a windsheild leak and we called the glass company back out to show them. They re-applied eurothane and said that should fix it. They also paid the $88 diagnostic fee that we would have been charged by Ford. I called the glass company and told them that I wasn't happy with that. The globs of eurothane was pitiful looking. I made them install a new windsheild. They still insist that we have a leak and are blaming it on the door checks, on both sides. Ford says they've never seen this happen before, but aren't saying it can't. It goes back to Ford Tuesday for another leak check. (the glass company is paying to have the carpet cleaned and I want to stop the leaks before I waste this chance to get my carpet done) This is getting to be so aggrevating. On top of that, today the passenger side turn signal isn't working. When you turn the signal on, the inside indicator arrow lights up solid green and the lights on the outside of the truck stay lit but don't blink. I checked the fuses and all bulbs and everything is good. I replace the relay under the steering column and it still won't work. If the truck isn't running the hazzards will flash. If it's running or if the key is in the accessory position the hazzards will come on, but won't flash. Also, when the truck is off and the hazzards are flashing, there is a LOUD clicking noise coming from under the hood. I think we pinpointed it to a gold switch (?) on top of the intake at the top of the motor...not sure what it's connected to. I've included pictures of both the door check that they claim needs to be replaced and whatever it is that's making that clicking noise.

AUTigerGal75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel