changed everything........... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 23:43   #1 (permalink)

biggrin changed everything...........

I really do have a question but let me tell you what ive done...... ok Ive got a 95 f150 xl extended cab short box 2 wheel drive with a 4.9 and e4od auto trans. I got a 94 f150 xlt 4x4 standered cab long box, 302 with e4od auto trans from the junk yard (good deal). took the 302, all the 4x4 stuff and of course the power locks and windows (he he) the computer and wire harness stuffed it all in the 95 body. Now comes my problem the engine was junk so i found a 92 302 h.o. from a mustang gt to put in i dont have the harness or computer so i am hoping to just switch the upper half of the intake, is this posible can someone help? If not will i have to change the upper and lower intake? and will that work basically i dont know the differance between the 302 and the 302 H.O. I was told the only diff is the intake and H.O. comes with stock headers. Please someone help. thanks for taking the time to read all this.
worker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 22:43   #2 (permalink)

confused help with 302 ho to 302 swap

ok so i found out for myself that 302 ho has different cam lifter valves intake and firing order, please someone help. can i just put 95 302 truck upper and lower intake and distributor in 92 302 ho? will that work ok or do i have to do more like computer? thanks for any help. i need it. engine is dead and cant aford to buy another truck right now
Old 08-31-2006, 20:35   #3 (permalink)

frown Re: changed everything...........help

I've been told that if i have the computer for the 302 HO it will work in my 95 f150, but i'm not sure because the firing order is different, (from 302 to 302 ho) and they didn't put an e4od 4x4 trans in a 92 mustang GT. Will the computer work or should I get a computer from a lightning, because it has 351 win firing order and an e4od trans? The other question is will it matter if I use stock 302 distributor or the stock 302 HO distributor? The reason for this question is the electrical connection is different. Thanks for any help. I don't have anyone around me to ask this stuff because everyone around me likes CHEVY.
Old 03-14-2007, 22:00   #4 (permalink)

Re: changed everything...........

g thanks for eveyones help i asked for help in august its now march and no one could say anything well thats ok i got it by myself as usual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel