Clutch Adjustment/1999 F250 SDD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 07:06   #1 (permalink)

Clutch Adjustment/1999 F250 SDD

Took the slave out of the bell housing. No adjustment. Looked at the assembly under dash. No adjustment I can see. Some say the master cylinder rod under the dash comes factory as an adjustable rod. Can't tell without disassembly. Anyone know for sure. If not factory, then someone with experience reply please. Where to get the adjustable rod. TIA
compusatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 22:11   #2 (permalink)
fordmech

Re: Clutch Adjustment/1999 F250 SDD

Hi
Never seen an adjustable rod in F-250s, at least not in the ones we get down here. Not that you really need it as the system adjust itself to compensate for wear. If the clutch is slipping you need a new one. cheeres
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:03   #3 (permalink)

If the clutch is slipping I need a new one? Thanks for the advise. I installed a new master/slave kit from Ford. The old one (nor the new one) does not have a bleed screw so I assume either it works or replace it. It was leaking though and I could not find a rebuild kit. After installation there was no change in clutch actuation. Still creeping when I put it in gear. So does that mean the pressure plate springs are collapsed? The clutch does not slip even under heavy towed loads. There is just not enough travel to disengage the clutch. I mean there is not much left. Either the clutch fork has an issue or the pressure plate is collapsing or the clutch springs are broken. Am I missing something? Someone in the know please. TIA.
compusatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 14:36   #4 (permalink)
fordmech

I hear you brother
They are a Royal Pain In the @$$ to bleed !!! Even when you think you got it right there may still be air in the system. We use a machine that connects to the reservoir and puts it under pressure (about 5psi) and it's still hard to do. The reservoir is also very small and empties very quickly, so be patient and have someone check it and top it up constantly. You never mentioned the symptoms before, so I wasn't sure why you wanted an adjustable rod, hence my answer about the slipping clutch. One more thing, once you get the rod into the master cylinder it's next to impossible to get it out, so if you manage to find an adjustable one, be prepared as there's a real chance you may have to go and buy another master cylinder.

marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel