decisions decisions... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 20:45   #1 (permalink)

decisions decisions...

hey guys im new to the site but i've been looking around here alot lately. I am in the market for a new truck because i can't take driving a car anymore. I have narrowed down to ford(thats the only kind of truck i will ever buy) but i can't decide between diesel or gas. I won't be towing very often if ever but i will be putting a 6 or 8 inch lift with 37'sish. i have been reading alot about all the problems with the diesels but man the cool factor is way up with them. I am just lookin for some first hand experiences with gas and diesel. interseted in maintenance, mpg, issues, or anything i would ever want to know. oh and im lookin for an 03-04 lariat. thanks guys and i love the site
bigbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 12:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: decisions decisions...

Let me throw a few things out there for you:
- Current price of diesel vs gas...now factor in competitive mileage
- You can make good power with a tune on a diesel (hand held tuners)
- The V10s run quite well and are dependable
- The biggest diesel problems are on the new 6.4 motors
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 17:42   #3 (permalink)

yeah the diesel price around here is usually 10-15 cents higher now and it seems to be stayin that way. definately makes me think about the mileage gains per gallon price now. i've heard there were alot of problems with the 04 6.0's, how dependable are they?
bigbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 19:50   #4 (permalink)

They are pretty dependable, but do require the maintenance upkeep more so than the previous engines like the 7.3. Your best bet would be to find a Ford diesel forum and post there. You should be able top get better first hand info from owners in a place like that.
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel