engine "fail-safe" mode - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:53   #1 (permalink)

engine "fail-safe" mode

I have a 2005 F150 Lariat 4x2 automatic which went into fail safe mode while driving down the highway. It immediately went to idle and could'nt get any responce from the throttle what so ever. Creeped to a safe pull off area and turned the truck off. I then restarted the truck and the message went away and truck drove fine. What might be the issue...truck only has 38,000 miles?
curth1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 13:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: engine "fail-safe" mode

They have an updated calibration but most of the time it is the tps sensor on the throttle body.Ford uses alot of loctite on the little screws so they break easily.We usually just replace the throttle body assembly.
phantom_smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12   #3 (permalink)

I Have The Same Vehicle. Your Lucky. It Happens To My Truck All The Time. I Have To Pull Over And Sit And Wait Like A Fool Till Its Damn Good And Ready To Go Again. Im Sick Of It. Nobody Can Find The Problem. Not Even Ford.!!
While Im Here I Would Like To Mention That My Transmission Has Failed In My Truck.!!! 83,000.00 Miles And It Fail And Needs To Be Replaced. Of Cours Right After The Warrenty Expires!!! I Dont Have A Extra 3,ooo.oo Dollars Laying Around To Pay For This Dog****.!! I Willl Never Buy Another Ford Again. !!! And I Will See To It That Nobody In My Family Will Either. Its Always Something Or The Other With This Truck. My Power Windows Havent Worked In About Eight Months. I Have No Control Over My Windows!!!
I Have Babied That Truck And I Havent Towed Anydamn Thing.!! Transmission Shoul Have Lasted Alot Longer Than This.!! I Am Going To Make These Amatuers Pay For My Nightmare. Fed Up In Stupid Mexico!! Oh Yes Im Still Supposed To Call It California. S I K U V I T !!

Last edited by jwko; 11-15-2008 at 04:13. Reason: language
FORD=SIKUVIT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:22   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD=SIKUVIT! View Post
I Have The Same Vehicle. Your Lucky. It Happens To My Truck All The Time. I Have To Pull Over And Sit And Wait Like A Fool Till Its Damn Good And Ready To Go Again. Im Sick Of It. Nobody Can Find The Problem. Not Even Ford.!!
While Im Here I Would Like To Mention That My Transmission Has Failed In My Truck.!!! 83,000.00 Miles And It Fail And Needs To Be Replaced. Of Cours Right After The Warrenty Expires!!! I Dont Have A Extra 3,ooo.oo Dollars Laying Around To Pay For This Dog****.!! I Willl Never Buy Another Ford Again. !!! And I Will See To It That Nobody In My Family Will Either. Its Always Something Or The Other With This Truck. My Power Windows Havent Worked In About Eight Months. I Have No Control Over My Windows!!!
I Have Babied That Truck And I Havent Towed Anydamn Thing.!! Transmission Shoul Have Lasted Alot Longer Than This.!! I Am Going To Make These Amatuers Pay For My Nightmare. Fed Up In Stupid Mexico!! Oh Yes Im Still Supposed To Call It California. S I K U V I T !!
If you need help with your Ford problems then this is the place to ask. If your just gonna rant & rave then you need to do it elsewhere. I've went through your post and cleaned up the language, I won't do it again...
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:12   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD=SIKUVIT! View Post
let me ask you this have you ever had the transmision fluid and filter changed on the truck???
rock31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel