Ford Forums banner

F-150 Vibration

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
Hi Folks...I have a 2004 F-150XL 4x4 short box and have had several issues since I bought this truck new in 2004....at 10,000 kilometers, the dealer had to replace the pinion bearing in the rear end.....at 43,000 kilometers, the dealer had to replace the upper and lower steering shaft bearing, tie rods and wheel bearings:thdn:....

I only have 75,000 kilometers on the truck and I've been noticing an intermittent vibration coming from the front end (I think)....I just experienced this coming back from Home Depot this morning...this happened a month ago as well and then disappeared..it gets worse at higher speeds (above 80km/50mph....I'm heading up North in another week for a fishing trip, towing a 16' boat and I'm guessing that the truck will be in the garage on Monday to check this crap out....

ANY IDEAS what this is???????????????????????

Steve

#3 ·
TWO POSTS FROM TWO STEVES! Anyway.

..bought this truck new in 2004....at 10,000 kilometers, the dealer had to replace the pinion bearing in the rear end.....
I know your pain there. I was in disbelief when my service van ('06 E250 cargo w4.6L & 4.10 gears) had a toasted pinion at less than 50,000kms! Runs great now, but I only have 68kms on it. It was also covered under warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.