F250 16" Wheel convert to 2008 18 or 20" Wheel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 17:46   #1 (permalink)

F250 16" Wheel convert to 2008 18 or 20" Wheel

Can I replace the 2004 16" wheels with F250 OEM 18 or 20" wheels? Is there a backspace issue on these new wheels. I assume that both wheels have the same 8 lug spacing?

There are a lot of these wheel sets available with little use as the owners are upgrading with after market wheels. Would like to update the look of the truck.

Any help or experience would be appreciated. I was told by someone that a shim set would be needed because the new wheels will sit too far into the wheel well. Not sure if that is true or not.
Deadbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 16:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: F250 16" Wheel convert to 2008 18 or 20" Wheel

OK guys, as of right now 46 looks but no answer. Either there are plenty of other people that are curious about this question or ya know the answer but will not post.

Would going to an after market wheel installer have the answer. I really don't want to invest in a set without confidence that this will work.
Deadbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:45   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Would going to an after market wheel installer have the answer. I really don't want to invest in a set without confidence that this will work
I think a tire/wheel dealer could tell you for sure.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 22:05   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbeatle View Post
Can I replace the 2004 16" wheels with F250 OEM 18 or 20" wheels? Is there a backspace issue on these new wheels. I assume that both wheels have the same 8 lug spacing?

There are a lot of these wheel sets available with little use as the owners are upgrading with after market wheels. Would like to update the look of the truck.

Any help or experience would be appreciated. I was told by someone that a shim set would be needed because the new wheels will sit too far into the wheel well. Not sure if that is true or not.
Just joined ...as far as my truck 2006 F250 it came with 18 inch rims and tires. I purchased a set of the 20 inch wheels that were take offs from the same dealer and they worked fine with no problem. I cannot say if they will work for the 2004 because of the slight differences in our trucks but ... hope this helps.
lmsrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel