F250 Fuelling Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 15:28   #1 (permalink)

Question F250 Fuelling Problem

I am new to this site and also to the big 250's. Had a F150 before with no problems.

I just picked up a 06 F250 yesterday. So... one glitch noticed so far. I had a hell of time getting gas in the tank. After taking a little bit of fuel (1 liter or so) it clicks off. I think what is happening is that the fuel is backing up in the filler neck causing the pump to auto shut off. I have heard that some Fords have a very tight screen for the fuel and this can plug causing difficulty in filling. Have you heard about this as an issue? I checked for recalls and there are none relating to this issue. The truck has 78,000KM on it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Goredcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2008, 06:32   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: F250 Fuelling Problem

Just pull the fuel nozzle out an inch or so. It'll decrease the backpressure of the fuel going into the tank and should fill fine. Also keep in mind that not all fuel pumps run at the same speed, some run as low as 7gpm and others will run as high as 13gallons per minute!
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:55   #3 (permalink)

Re: F250 Fuelling Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ci View Post
Just pull the fuel nozzle out an inch or so. It'll decrease the backpressure of the fuel going into the tank and should fill fine. Also keep in mind that not all fuel pumps run at the same speed, some run as low as 7gpm and others will run as high as 13gallons per minute!
Thanks 360ci, but that does not fix the problem. I have tried everything including holding the nozzle upside down... pulling it all the way out etc. It takes 10 minutes to fill 1/4 tank.

I did some research on other forums and there is a TSB on it. Apparent there is some sort of carbon filter that gets plugged if the truck is operated in an dusty environment.
Goredcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel