Ford Forums banner

F250 not starting...need a Doctor please!

736 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Blublock 
#1 ·
I would really appreciate some help. I have a 1995 F250 with a 5.8 that is not starting. Before this, it would start after cranking it for a few seconds. It seemed like stomping on the gas pedal helped. It would actually started right up cold, but would have a hard time once warm. About a week ago, I did a basic tune up...cap/rotor, spark plugs, wires, fuel/air/oil filters, oil change, new coil, new battery, fresh gas. The truck started, but shut off after 2-3 seconds. I can hear the fuel pump priming, and there's 39 pounds at the fuel rail. I read some other threads and changed the coolant temp sensor..no go! I changed the throttle position sensor and the idle air control valve...no go! I put in a new TFI module...nothing. I just put in a new distributor...still nothing. What am I missing? I know someone has run into the same situation out there and would really appreciate the help!
Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.