Ford Forums banner

F350 2002 automatic items not working

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  zuzu 
#1 ·
I have a F350 2002 Diesel 4x4. My problem 1st started with the automatic lights flashing on and off at the same time the door locks would lock. Then the automatic lights stopped working . The power door locks will not lock or unlock with the switch. The radio will not shut off on it's own when the key is turned off and the door opens. The inside light will not come on when door is open. If I disconnect the positive on the batteries and let sit for a few minutes then connect back up . Everything works again except the automatic lights. Then not long it is back to not working. Any idea's. Is it the computer going bad. I wanted to have a idea what could be the problem before taking it in to Ford and giving them car blanche. I have read on threads this same problem but never heard what the problem was and how it got fixed. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I am the poster of this problem .:driver:
I end up taking it to Ford and they fixed this problem. It was the security module that had gone bad. It was $500 to put it on the machine, figure out the problem and replace the module. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.:hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.