Ford and the Dispute Settlement Board - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 19:26   #1 (permalink)

mad Ford and the Dispute Settlement Board

I have just been going through the process of returning my 2003 F-250 SD Diesel through my dealership, (Helena Motors, Helena, Montana) and Fords Dispute Settlement Board. While the Dispute Settlement Board that took my complaint and reviewed it was more than helpfull, Fords counterpart has been a total nightmare to work with. This process is supposed to take 30-40 days to reach settlement. For us it has been over two months and for the last two weeks we have been continually assured that, "The paperwork will be in your dealerships hands, no later than tomorrow!"

Our F-250 was found to be a safety hazzard two months ago. I am disabled and require a standard transmission in my truck. Not just to be able to operate the truck but I also live in a very remote area in the mountains of Montana. My health is failing and my trucks, (in the past) have allowed me to continue to live in the area that I find most appealing and peacefull. If I don't have a reliable and safe vehicle, I cannot continue to live the remainder of my life here at my home in the mountains. This was my fourth new F-250. This was the only one that has ever failed me.

The truck stalls continually and especially when at a light or accelerating on an On ramp to the freeway.

The turbo charger failed.

The wiper motor failed.

The air conditioning is on all the time. Can't shut it off!!!

The pre-heater makes so much noise it sounds like the truck is spinning a bearing!!!

I cant move the truck unless I start out in Granny Gear and get it up over 1500 rpm.

The truck averages 8 MPG.

When I contacted Fords Dispute Settlement office, I was told to send them my financeing documents and a copy of my registration. I did so. A week later, when I had not heard anything nor had my dealership heard anything, I contacted Fords Dispute Settlement office. I was informed that the faxed copies were not legible and that I would have to fax them again. I now have done this for the third time and my dealership has done so at least twice.

Next, after another delay of a week or so, I called to find out what the hold-up was and was informed that I would need to tell them if the truck was purchased or leased and what my physical address was! ??????? This information was all on the documents that had been faxed to Ford!!!! After another delay of a week or so.... I called to inquire about the delay and was told that I needed to send them my wifes social security #!????? Again, this information was on the documentation that had been faxed in to Ford.

Today, I was informed that the paperwork was being sent to my dealership by FEDEX and that it should be there tomorrow. Then, I was called by the Fords office of the dispute settlement board and told that I needed to fax them reciepts of all after market items that we had installed on the truck and that it would be a few more days for the paperwork to be compleated.

This nightmare has cost me time and money and inconvenience! I live 84 miles from the dealership (ONE WAY!!!) and have made at least 15 trips to Helena Motors, at their request, only to find that Fords main offices have again delayed the process for some reason only known to them. My wife has lost 5 days of work in order to chauffer me back and forth from home to the dealership!

If you are considering returning a vehicle through the Dispute settlement board....... good luck. While your state reps. may be helpfull and understanding, Fords DSB offices are less than helpfull and competency is totally lacking. In addition...... after the decision by our state DSB was made and mailed to us, a copy was sent to Fords DSB. We never heard from them and I had to initiate the process of the return myself!

Again.....I have been a loyal Ford man for over 15 years and buy a new truck at least every 3 years from the same dealership. My dealership is excellent. My relationship with Ford Mgmt. stinks and my attorney is chomping at the bit!

Russ
Maryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel