Ford Forums banner

Front End Steering Part Replacement

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
I have a 1992 2wd Super Cab F-150 -- Inline-6. I love this truck and intend to keep it forever. Just turned 100,000 miles.

I am thinking it is probably time to replace front end steering parts. I hope to do this work myself to save money.

How can I go about making the determination what all needs to be replaced? Note, it steers fine, although I am hearing some sounds when I hit bumps. That being said, I need to find out what all needs to be replaced. I also need to find out the best place to purchase these parts, assuming overall the cost will be somewhat expensive.

The parts that I am referring to would include balljoints, tie-rods, etc........

I am also looking for some sort of blow-up of all the front end parts that identify them so I can get an idea of what all may need to be replaced and that I refer to them by the correct name.

#2 ·
The best thing would be to get a Haynes or Chilton manual to refer to. Your local library might even have one. Some parts would need special tools to replace them amd Autozone loans tools for free. They even have repair manuals on their website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.