Ford Forums banner

fuel pump 20amp fuse keeps blowing on 01 f150

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 f150 supercrew and it recently stopped on me, so i check the underhood fuses and see that the fuel pump fuse blew out, i changed it and did it again right away....so next i changed the fuel pump n fuel filter and it started up right away but a few weeks later it happened again so i changed the fuse n blew right away...now i cant even drive it cause as soon as go to turn the truck on the fuse keeps blowing out....can anyone with this similar problem help me out here....thanks....

#2 ·
Be sure to check all the associated wiring and terminals. A dirty terminal or one where the plastic has broken off, exposing a metal contact can cause a short. It shouldn't necessarily short out the fuse unless too much power is going to the pump. 20A fuse sounds correct, but I'd make sure (it should state in the owners manual which fuse should be in there). Electrical gremlins are the worst to have. Also, make sure all the connections are TIGHT. You can use electrical tape if you're suspicious that a connector might be the fault. It'll be a temp fix of course, but it'll get you to a shop that can properly diagnose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.