Fuse keeps blowing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 13:21   #1 (permalink)

confused Fuse keeps blowing

I have 97 f-150 4.2 v6. I originally thought solenoid valve was bad so I replaced it but it turned out to be a fuse, but now that fuse keeps popping. It is the starter relay (fuse 21 on inside panel) that keeps popping. It was good for a few days but today I went through a 15, 20, 25 and 30 amp fuse. The only way I can start the truck now is by putting key in the on position and jumping the solenoid. Works for the short tem but it is a PITA. It's logical that the STARTER RELAY is bad but where is it located? and are there any other things I should check? I do have an alarm on truck and I believe it has an ignition kill switch if that helps with diagnosing any other problems.

Thanks.

Edwin
caddguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 09:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fuse keeps blowing

UPDATE: I let my truck sit for a day and then replaced the 15 amp fuse to begin to diagnose problem....except it wasn't doing it again. When I replaced the fuse and turned the key the truck started without any problems. I do have a question...Is the "Starter Relay" and the "Starter Solenoid Switch" the same thing? I have been doing some searching on the internet and have commonly seen the two referred to as the same thing. My book for truck says the "relay" is on the firewall in the right rear....that is where the "solenoid switch" is.
caddguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel