Ford Forums banner

Give me ideas for first truck!

784 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
I am getting my first car or in this case truck. I will be getting a 2011 Limited Lariat. I am removing the stock wheels and getting 20x9 Fuel Kranks. I have no clue what offset I want. I want the wheel to stick out a little however the krank comes in 1,14,24 to my knowledge. I also am going to have a level kit for 33" tires. Basically I need to know a good tire. I was thinking Toyo's. As far as the level I have no clue what size to get. To sum this all up, I need to know a good tire, level kit height and which level kit, what offset, and any other cool things i could get to make the truck look nice. My budget is 3500 but I would like to save a little and spend around 2500 or lower. Thanks.

#2 ·
I run Firestone\Bridgestones on my work truck and car and have had no problems with them. My personal truck has Goodyear Wranglers. How are you going to be using the truck? If it's a weekend warrior, feel free to go nuts with whatever aggression you choose to put on it, whether they be fat slicks or big nobbies. HOWEVER, if you're going to be driving it to work everyday, I'd suggest looking into the all-seasons.As far as leveling kits, they make them with a predetermined height to level your truck in a no-load condition, if you're going to be hauling things, you might want to go with air assist somewhere down the line. Also, when leveling, do the rest of the world a favor and adjust the headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.