Headlights Stuck On - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 10:54   #1 (permalink)

Headlights Stuck On

i just ran into a problem yesterday and i dont know what to do about it....for some reason my headlights are stuck on when i shut the truck off and the delay is turned off.....when the truck is off it also has the high beam light on in the dash any suggestions would be great....

ScottyO1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 11:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: Headlights Stuck On

I have the same problem, thats why I'm here. I hope somebody has a suggestion. I have a 97 f150.
element12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 17:38   #3 (permalink)
Always the student

Quote:
Originally Posted by element12
I have the same problem, thats why I'm here. I hope somebody has a suggestion. I have a 97 f150.
More info. would help us help you. Do you have daytime running lights? Do the lights stay on engine running or not? Do the lights stay on key on and key off? Is the only way to get them off, is by un-hooking the battery? etc. etc.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 18:19   #4 (permalink)

Smile Re: Headlights Stuck On

I've done some searching around and found that the trouble is the"daytime running lights module". It was located under the left hand side front behind the grill. I disconnected it and the lights went out. Everything else works fine but I don't have daytime running lights wich is no big deal. I 'm going to replace the module at some point.
element12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 18:37   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

Glad to hear you found the problem and thanks for taking the time to let us know what the problem was!
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel