help--2000-f350-7.3-cranks no start-had wire shorted/blown fuse - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 17:04   #1 (permalink)

help--2000-f350-7.3-cranks no start-had wire shorted/blown fuse

i need of help, i have a 2000 -f350- 7.3 with engine brake..one rainy night i turned on turn signal to merge on freeway and truck died instantly...found 2 blown fuses turn signal and fuel pump...had added lights in running board..tied into left front marker light @ headlight (brown wire) wire running from tie in point to running boards rubbed and shorted to ground ,truck hasnt started since...all dash lights come on when switch is turned on(that is supposed to be on )..cranks over fine ..just want start ..replaced cam sensor..have fuel going into fuel rail..--rpm guage moves when cranked--unplugged ipc & tried with no luck..have 12v @ valve cover connector for glow plugs dont seem to have any voltage for injectors using volt/ohm meter with max hold on..was told couldnt be measured whith this type of meter ? all fuses check good and have 12v not sure what to do ...how can i check the idm ? when truck is cranked over oil pressure guage dont move,removed inspection screw from top of h/p oil resovoir oil dont spray out when cranked over..have 12v @ ipc also ..i removed idm to visually inspect ,havent opened it yet...is there a way to check the idm on the pins or do i need to be checking something else..truck ran great until wire shorted .. think it is going to be a electrical issue but not sure what else to do...need help please.. cant afford tow and dont have scanner..
mwx4mwx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 14:37   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: help--2000-f350-7.3-cranks no start-had wire shorted/blown fuse

If you reside in the US, autozone will scan codes for free. As your vehicle isn't driveable I'd rent a scanner somewhere and check your system. Worst case scenario is the PCM is dead from the short and caused a failure in the electrical system. Once you get new fuses in and make sure no more wires ground out, disconnect the battery and turn the key on to let any electrical power in the system drain out completely. Wait half hour or so and then reconnect the battery and attempt to start the vehicle. If that doesn't work, do get a scanner as your PCM may be shot....
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel