Help - Electrical - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:40   #1 (permalink)

Help - Electrical

I have a short somewhere in my F150. It keeps popping the fuse that works my lights, electronic shift, radio & also my a/c kicks on when I turn on my heat. I need to figure out the problem so that I can fix it myself. Any ideas??
michellebuccil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 23:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Help - Electrical

What are you doing that triggers the fuses to blow or does it occure randomly? Day &/or niight? Last repairs preformed? Radio factory or aftermarket? Yr/mdl.
ymeski56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:08   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Take the cables off the battery and put a multimeter between them. You should be reading a short. Pull fuses till you find the circuit in question.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:26   #4 (permalink)

Did all this happen after a rain? If so, the leak is either the firewall, driver's side front windshield halfway up or sun roof. I had a leak at the windshiled that was dripping down the A pillar and the way the wire was taped up, it acted like a funnel and sent the water down to the fuse block. My truck did all kinds of electrical things with the key on and off. Not sure if you have the same problem. If you look under the drivers side dash, or ever had a small puddle or water on your mat, it may be your problem. You can look up underneath where the main wiring comes in by the A pillar and look for drip marks on the metal at the area where the electrical tap meets the metal at the top. Hope this helps.
AF Skycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel