HELP HELP HELP Please F150 Wont Charge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2006, 23:11   #1 (permalink)

HELP HELP HELP Please F150 Wont Charge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently brought a 92 f150
When i got it. the odometer didnt work i put in a new cluster and body control module.
but thats not the problem. the truck will not charge at all. I put a new alt and seloinoid but still no good. I took the alt to a shop and had it tested. the charge and amps were fine.I have also checked every wire and connector from end to end. also checked every fuse link every thing looks good. i pulled the starter and cleaned all connections. put in a new new battery. the gage inside the truck is below normal.if i turn on any thing the gage goes down.
i pulled every fuse and relay while running to check for shorts still nothing.
once the battery is dead the truck is dead. but when you put a jump on it the gage reads normal so i know the gage works.
im missing something but what please help THE TRUCK HAS A 5.0 ALSO
IT WILL BE KINDLING SOON

Last edited by bodyhunter62; 09-03-2006 at 23:16. Reason: SPELLING ERROR
bodyhunter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2006, 12:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: HELP HELP HELP Please F150 Wont Charge

hey man i gota 93 ford f150 and when i bought it i could not keep a charge and i bought a new battery and nothing..i checked th wire up and down and every thing looked good....well i got to thinking and when i took my old battery out it was just sitting on that metel tray....so i went to th junk yard and sure enough they have plasic trays that sit under the battery so i got that and put it in and i havent had a problem sence! i guess the battery was just decharging its self into the metel! I would put the battery on a charger during the day and i took it off and in the morning it would be dead so this happend pretty quick! hope that helps let me know!
Bigred4x4I6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 19:03   #3 (permalink)

Re: HELP HELP HELP Please F150 Wont Charge

Hey I Found The Problem. Whoever Worked On The Truck When The Other Guy Owned It . Tore The Dash Apart To Findthe Prob With The Odom. Tore The Colum Apart Also And Broke A Wire From The Ignition Switch. So When You Let The Key Go It Wouldn't Restore Power To The Truck.
Thank's For The One Person That Did Try To Help
bodyhunter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel