how to make stock 6.0 blow smoke - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 16:38   #1 (permalink)

how to make stock 6.0 blow smoke

I just got an 03 f250 6.0 and right now it is stock. i was wandering what i need to do to make it pour black smoke out. I was thinking bout straight pipes. any ideas?
hatch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 16:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: how to make stock 6.0 blow smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch123 View Post
I just got an 03 f250 6.0 and right now it is stock. i was wandering what i need to do to make it pour black smoke out. I was thinking bout straight pipes. any ideas?
It is my understanding that the black smoke coming out of a diesel is caused by incomplete combustion. This is not necessarily a good thing.

Why do you want this to happen?
cblaschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:09   #3 (permalink)

Cause its sweet and when people get on your butt you just hammer down! i dont think you can blow black smoke with out buying a programer for it. Heres a website to check it out, Little Power Shop
copenhagenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 20:02   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch123 View Post
From what I've heard all you need to do to make a stock 6.0 Power Stroke belch out smoke is drive it for a while.
RobXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
canuck

As you have an '03, you don't have to worry about current emissions, and as such, you can run on several types of diesel fuel, including the new ULSD. On older diesels, you can add a couple ounces of two stroke engine oil to the fuel tank. It won't hurt the engine, but can affect catalytic converter performance down the road due to the petroleum distillates in the oil. Anyway, a friend of mine who owns an older 5.9L Cummins, added some 2 stroke oil to try it out and it gives some smoke when you put the pedal down, but is fairly clear during normal city driving as to not attract attention to the MTO/DOT for a roadside inspection. He adds more oil now to give off more smoke, however too much oil WILL eventually clog up the valves and such, not to mention emission components.

Programmers can be tuned to run rich, but with ULSD, it's harder to get black smoke on purpose. I don't recommend a programmer to just give you black smoke. A lot of other variables have to be considered when operating a programmer, as some can add 800F in temps to the exhaust and cause turbo failures, and other mechanical and electrical maladies that you just don't want to deal with. There are ways to compensate for the added temps, but it comes down to how much you're willing to spend. $0.25 in 2 stroke oil every tank is the better route to take in my opinion.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel