I really Like FORDFORUM.COM - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2002, 08:54   #1 (permalink)
Vintage F-100 Member

I really Like FORDFORUM.COM

I really like FORDFORUM.COM. Having said that, I wish there were forums that were unique for those trucks owners that would like to share their experiences and knowledge with others.

I personally have a 1965 F100 and a 1978 F150 Ranger and have benefited and enjoyed the clubs and groups that participate in a comon interest. Ford built several years of trucks that share in a lot of comon and sometimes interchangable parts.

According to parts suppliers catalogs the year models of Ford trucks such as 1961 to 1966 F Series and 1973 to 1979 Ford Pickups and Bronco's share in a lot of body and other parts that are interchangable.

I realize that modrating unique forums would be a bit more taskful but I think it would cause more participation. Such as the FTE site does.

Gereral discussion forums are great but there are those that would rather talk more about details with other that have like interests.

I realize that this sort of format may have been tried but perhaps not given enough time.

Sincerly,
Another dedicated Ford fan
sixt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2002, 11:03   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

We had dedicated sections for each vehicle make that was broken down to engine performance, tranny, interior, exterior...etc. There were on average 6 - 10 subforums under each vehicle. They were condensed to the one or two section that are there now. WHY? Well they were there for over 1 year with little to no response in them. People that wanted to mod came and went when the areas would not grow and participation was low.

So what will it take? I want to see the areas popular. I want to see them busy, but that takes time. I know that a site does not grow over night. I am not expecting it too. BUt given over one years time we did not sustain enough growth in the areas to see leaving them up unmoderated and unused. Hence my reasons for merging them into the general area for each vehicle.

Now if there was an expressed interest from a group of F150 fans or f100 fans or any others for that matter that wanted to move from a mailing list to here or even from another site that can not sustain the costs of running their own forums, then I would gladly accept them over here and work with them to make the areas grow.

If you know of someone or a site like that then send them here. We always like growth and we are here to help the Ford Community.

John
Owner: FordForums.com
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel