ignition is off & 7.3 glo plug lead wire are 12v
I've a 93 7.3 F350, non-turbo. I had my ignition turned off and did a gp check under the hood. I undid a gp wire lead at the gp top, attached the light probe to the positive battery post, touched the light probe to a gp post. Going through all eight, the probe light came on once (telling me that only one gp is good). When reattaching the gp wire leads to the gp tops, I accidentally grounded a couple of the wires, and they sparked sharply. I thought these wires wouldn't be "live", being that my ignition was turned off. Is that correct, shouldn't the gp wires be 0 volts? Can my ignition switch be bad? Thanks a lot.