Ford Forums banner

intakes

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  oldfordtruck 
#1 ·
i have an 1987 ford f150 302 4sp(high gear trans i think its mazda) 4wd. i was wondering if a upper and lower intake from a mustang or explore 5.0 would fit my motor i was think maybe putting gt40 heads on it. i was wondering what kind of gain that intake would give me i just want some more power and starting slow and working up i know there aint much there with a 302 it maybe easier to put 5.8 in put i dont have one and not sure i want go that way.

#5 ·
from what i can tell it looks like it flow better, and throttle body is a single inlet in stand of having two inlets i find were they offer different size thorttle body not sure how that helps but the only other thing i is different is the tp senor it mounts different but thats an easy fix. i was just think bout them casue there round ports then square like mine are, thinking tells me air flow b better with round then square ports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.