interior ventlation fan - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 17:51   #1 (permalink)

interior ventlation fan

All of a sudden my interior fan does not work. Any one have any ideas on this or a wiring diagram to help fix it?
I have an 01 F150 4wd, 5.4 autotrans

Thanks,Fred
einspruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007, 18:30   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: interior ventlation fan

Checked fuses?? There is also a blower motor relay or resistor that is a common failure on Fords.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 19:00   #3 (permalink)

confused Re: interior ventlation fan

Fonz,

Yes I am hoping for a blown fuse. Problem is where is this fuse and what is this fuse's number? Is threre a fusable link hidden somewhere? Looking in the owners manual I cannot see any fuse identified as "interior fan" or anyting indiacating the heater fan.

Additionally where is the heater fan located and how does one acess this fan. Anyones pervious experience is greastly appreciated,Fred
einspruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 18:12   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Owners manual on line here. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Looks like power distribution box under the hood, location #105. Not sure on your vehicle if blower is accessed from under the hood or behind the dash on passenger side.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 22:24   #5 (permalink)

maybe your fan motor bit the dust. I have a 97 and it just stoped working one day. Its really not that hard to replace it if it did die. its under the hood mounted to the fire wall. you just undo the bolts pull it out remove the cage installit on the new motor and reinstll it. not a big deal.
jethat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel