Lcd Odometer off HELP!!!!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 07:52   #1 (permalink)

Lcd Odometer off HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hello my speedometer is not working and my odometer is completely off, do I need to change all the gauge cluster? or just changing the speed sensor or somenthing else it will work? please somebody help me with their answer thanks so much
roncmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2006, 07:52   #2 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: Lcd Odometer off HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hello my speedometer is not working and my odometer is completely off, do I need to change all the gauge cluster? or just changing the speed sensor or somenthing else it will work? please somebody help me with their answer thanks so much
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Lcd Odometer off HELP!!!!!!!!!

A faulty speed sensor would set a check engine lite and cause other problems. It may be a bad cluster, but it has to be programmed to be replaced.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for your responding...I have the oportunity to buy this FORD-150,1993, at a very cheap price $500, but has this problems:1) Odometer(lcd screen) and speedometer is totally off, no signals of check engine on it, you think that maybe for this the tranny(automatic) makes the shifts a little hard?, and the 2nd issue is that car doesn't want to start, it need jumping cables,then it starts great and work perfectly, then I turn off the car , try to turn it on, and it doesnt want to star again....It has new battery and alternator already tested, can it be the module of distributor?...help me please!!! thanks
Old 08-15-2006, 09:48   #5 (permalink)

What you mean to be programmed, it's a ford f150 1993, thanks
Old 08-15-2006, 11:39   #6 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

$500.00 sounds like a great deal. I am sorry about the programming on the cluster, I thought it was a newer model when you stated "LCD" on it.

Try replacing the speed sensor first and see what the fixes (cluster or trans concern) and reply back.

The jumpstart issue sounds like a bad battery or even dirty/loose terminals. Maybe even a bad cable at the terminal connection. Check the connections carefully.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 22:21   #7 (permalink)

Hi sir I already bought the truck at $400 imagine....aparently the battery was bad ( discount autoparts said that), I already change the battery and the terminal ( negative terminal was with a very bad terminal, the negative one was just with one screw holding the wires and was totally bad assembled) but theres something weird, when I put the "R" shift for going backwards I can see in the voltimetr gauge that came at less than 13 volts, then goes up, like want to turn off...what you think??? then , then car runs fine (its a v8 5.?) i need to put some money on it, ...thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 21:26   #8 (permalink)

there is a fuse that runs power to the speedo head . without it no speed or miles will accumalte.......trust me i know
volvofixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 21:35   #9 (permalink)

hey i just went through the same problem witha 92 f150. the odomameter didnt WORK i had to change the cluster with no luck. it was the speedo control module. there are two modules right behind the glove box they are little computers they are called body control modules. 30 bucks from the junk yard. and it works great now. it takes about 10 minutes to fix but like you took a long time to fiqure out . hope it helps
bodyhunter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 21:53   #10 (permalink)

You Have To Replace Both Modules One Is The Odometer Control Module And The Other Is The Speedo Control Module They Are Right Behind Each Other. Behind The Glove Box Like I Said . My Speedo Was Very Jumpy It Would Go From 5 To 30 To 15 All Around. When I Replaced Them Both The Speedo Worked And So Did The Odom
Let Me Know If This Helps
bodyhunter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel