looking to go back to ford.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 22:40   #1 (permalink)

looking to go back to ford..

hey guys i am new to this forum i just stumbled across and has alot of info.
basically here is my situation. i bought a new nissan titan back in 06 for the reason of having a new truck for reliability then i bought a 26ft toy hauler, thinking that with the titans 9500lb tow capacity it should be fine, but i was still really easy on it and didnt load alot of weight. well the truck has 36000 miles on it and yesterday it blew the rear end and transfer case out of it, come to find out they are nutorious for this. my thoughts are i dont want a truck that cant be worked like a truck. so im looking at the diesel 4wd crew cab used f250's and 350's 2004 and newer.
is there anything i need to look out for in these trucks? years, engines etc.? the 6.0 seems to be the easiest to find, how are these motors? i just dont want any problems and since i didnt get what i wanted for the money from nissan im hoping ford will do it.
thanks guys or any info or suggestions.
vwracin2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 14:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: looking to go back to ford..

anybody have anything? any help would sure help me out. thanks.
vwracin2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 14:15   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I can't give you any real info on the F-series trucks but I'm sure some of the other members here can. They do seem to have a good towing reputation though.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:22   #4 (permalink)

in my opinion i would buy a 7.3L i love mine and it seems to have the least problems, there known as bulletproof. there avalible from 94.5-98 non superduty and, 99-2003 superduty. the 6.0L if i had to buy one it would be a late 2004 or newer. the early years had alot of problems.
gmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel