lossing oil pressure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 18:04   #1 (permalink)
blackvelvet710

Question lossing oil pressure

Im really needing help. I bought this 1992 ford f-150 with a 4.9, even though Im a chevy man. I dropped my kids off at school this morning and came out and heared the truck starving for oil. When I got to the truck I found no oilpressure on the gage. I shut it off and restarted it after a few minutes. Had 45 psi oil pressure. I headed to work from there and the pressure dropped to no oil pressure again. (luckly I work 1/4 mile from the school) Anyone out there have any suggestions? Ive changed the oil 2 times since Ive had the truck with in 50 miles. Thanks for your help Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2006, 13:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: lossing oil pressure

I´m A New Member, Did You Get The Trouble Solved? If So, How?
EL LLANERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 20:00   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Sounds like you are losing oil presssure to me if you can hear the engine "starve" for oil. If you changed the oil, then that rules out the filer being plugged.

Sounds like an oil pump failure.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 14:41   #4 (permalink)

If Sufficient Oil In The Engine Is Confirmed, Sounds Like The Oil Pump Inlet Screen Is Partially Clogged (carbon Build Up)... Remove The Engine Oil Sump And Check For Screen Cleanness. Good Luck.
EL LLANERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 19:37   #5 (permalink)

I have a 95 f150 where it did the exact same thing my pickup tube screen was cloged shut. I replaced the oil pump, pickup tube, and put a new gasket on runs great so dont rule that out
Bloodybrit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel