low beams not working ...HELP!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 13:43   #1 (permalink)

low beams not working ...HELP!!!

Ok . im about ready to pull out my hair......... just bought a 2004 f-250 checked everything out except for the headlights ... when I tried them the didn't work except on flash to pass ... I searched around and found some possible solutions and tried them .... first I checked the bulbs and all the fuss they are good then I bought a headlight switch ....that fixed the problem for about two days then they quit working again... so I took it back and got a new one ... when I first put it the new one in it didn't work then it started working a day or so later and I hadn't done anything to make it work... then a couple days later it went out again ... I have swapped the switch out several times and have had no luck I replaced the multi function switch and still no low beams ... all the fuses are still good I have checked the wiring visually as much as I can see and see nothing... buddy of mine checked the pins on the headlight switch connector they are all good ..read something last night about a guy whos alternator was going bad and caused his not to work checked mine its putting out around 13.4 at idle .. is there a relay somewhere ... my book doesn't show the function of any of the relays so I don't know ...not a mechanic but a pretty decent parts changer .trying to fix this myself just a po fireman would hate to have to pay a shop to fix something that still might be simple but I am at witts end ..suppose to be heading out of town with the family next week have to take the truck to pull the camper ...please help
fireengco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 16:09   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: low beams not working ...HELP!!!

It looks like it's a loose connection from what you've described. If FTP worked, Hi and Lo should work as well.

| Repair Guides | Exterior Lighting (2005) | Headlights | AutoZone.com
Old 07-01-2013, 11:12   #3 (permalink)

Since both low beams are out, that rules out fuses fuses 46, 47 but reseat them anyway to be sure.
Sounds like there is a loose connection at a plug at some point.
It is vibration or temp sensitive from moving the harness or working around the area.
Turn on the low beams and work the harness in the cab and outside to see if you get a reaction.
Good luck.
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53   #4 (permalink)

Just had a buddy check no power to the fuses block 46 47
Old 07-01-2013, 15:50   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Is that with the headlight switch on?
Old 07-01-2013, 16:06   #6 (permalink)

Figured that it would run through the fuse then to the switch but just checked it and it didn't work either way .... actually just ran a wire straight to the low beam side of the bulb and to a switch I'm the cab to give me low beams till I can resolve this issue ..
Old 07-03-2013, 18:46   #7 (permalink)

There have been problems with the power distribution box over the years now and then.
No power at the hot side says the connection under it is in trouble.
Good luck.
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel