Ford Forums banner

Missing part can u help me identify

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  griff7373 
#1 ·
First time poster here so bare with me. I have a 1985 ford F-150 Vin code on engine is N which means I have a 302 V8 Fuel injected, I am replacing exhaust gsakets and valve cover gaskets and had to remove upper intake manifold and found the 2 loose rubber hoses behind it not hooked up to anything. One hose looks like it goes to a fitting that runs into smog pump and to the exhaust and the other one goes to the back of engine could you please tell me what goes there, I will try and include pic.

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
There are only 2. Either remove them & look inside, or disconnect the 2 downward rubber hoses from the melted valve, start the engine, & check for exhaust blowing out. Regardless, I'd change them both - no sense in risking a new $50-200 diverter valve to save $15 on a 20-y.o. check valve.

There are a BUNCH of pics in those albums that apply to what you're doing, so click the PREV/NEXT links at the top of the page, or click the album name link to see others.

#5 ·
thank you yeak the diverter valve is $75 I went to a junk yard and found what looked to be a new valve and check valves along with cross pipe for $50 so I picked that up just havent put it on yet weather has been to nice so I have been in yard. I will let you know how it goes once I get it all back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.