Ford Forums banner

My 2005 F350 stalled and won't start

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  forddtken 
#1 ·
My 2005 F350 with the 6.0 stalled at an intersection the other night. I had no warning signs of any type. When I went to get it the next day, all it did was turn over and over. I had to jump it after a few minutes. Once I shot some starter fluid in it, it started. I made it home (aprox 10 miles) and it stalled in my drive way. It will not start now. Same thing. It just turns over and over. If you guys have any suggestions before I tow it to the shop please let me know.

#3 ·
I had a somewhat similar deal with my 2004 F250. Turned out to be the ERG valve. Ford replace 3 of these before we discorved the cooler for the ERG was also bad (at least that is what I was told). Mine lost power and then stalled and would not start. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
I had a somewhat similar deal with my 2004 F250. Turned out to be the ERG valve. Ford replace 3 of these before we discorved the cooler for the ERG was also bad (at least that is what I was told). Mine lost power and then stalled and would not start. Hope this helps.
I believe that this was the same exact problem a couple of guys I know had. One is a '99 7.3 and the other was on a '03 7.3.

Quick fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.