Ford Forums banner

My new "old" truck with some CEL

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 1990 F250 5.8 for $900 from some guy on Craigslist. Even though its a rust bucket I completely fell in love with it! It has a couple of check engine lights that I need some help on fixing. I tried to look them up but im so use to my 02 Monte Carlo ss and I saw these codes and have no clue in hell what they mean lol.

KEY ON CODES

31=
EVP circuit below minimum voltage.

85=
Canister Purge (CANP) circuit failure.
KEY ON ENGINE RUNNING CODES

21=
ECT out of Self-Test range MAP/BARO out of Self-Test range.

41=
No HO2S switch detected (right HO2S).

18=
SPOUT circuit open

I have to get all these codes fixed in order to get an inspection sticker lol so I cant drive it at all until they are fixed. Thanks in advance!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Code 18- There's a plug near the distributor that may be unplugged. It's grey.

Code 21-Engine coolant temperature voltage is out side the range of 0.2 to 4.84 volts. PCM pin #7, wire color is Light Green/Yellow. Possible bad sensor.

Code 31-EGR valve position (EVP) sensor signal is below 0.20 volts. PCM pin #27, wire color is Brown/Light Green. Possible bad sensor.

Code 41-Maybe it wasn't run long enough to heat it up?

Code 85-Canister purge solenoid did not respond.The self test looks for battery voltage during the solenoid off command and voltage under 1 volt during the solenoid on command issued during the self test. Solenoid resistance is 40-90 Ω. PCM pin #31, wire color is Grey-Yellow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.