Need clutch mc retainer clip.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43   #1 (permalink)

Need clutch mc retainer clip....

I need to find a part for my 1995 F150.

Where the shaft from the clutch master cylinder attaches to the clutch actuation shaft, there is a plastic clip that retains the two shafts together. The MC shaft keeps partially slipping off the clutch shaft, I need this clip.

Any ideas?

I dont know how to get on without buying a new clutch MC....

Thanks.....
skid2964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 06:09   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Need clutch mc retainer clip....

Came across this , few suggestions ,might help .

Clutch pedal to Clutch Master cylinder linkage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95 F150 I6 4.9L Manual transmission.

Got a loud clunk every time I hit the clutch pedal. It's definately inside the cab. Took it to my mechanic and they wanted to put in a new master cylinder. I said hold off, since the first one lasted 8-9 years and this one's only been in 3 years.I studied the problem more closely and see that the pushrod for the master cylinder is jumping almost off the linkage that is connected to the pedal. Went to Ford agency and ordered a new bushing, but it looks like there's a lot more to that connection than the bushing they provided. Anyone ever work with this linkage? Should there be an "E" clip or something keeping the pushrod from jumping off the linkage to the pedal? Ford's diagram was inconclusive.
Would appreciate any real-world based observations or suggestions. Thanks.

(1) I had a similar problem, the pushrod would always jump off the pedal part and I would eat through those plastic bushings. I didn't have any play in the rest of the pedal assembly so I didn't know what was wrong.
My fix: I threw the plastic bushing away and made my own out of brass using a shell from one of my spent .300 win mag cartridges, its thickness is perfect and I just cut it to size. Then I measured how wide the pushrod eyelet was, put it onto the pedal part, put a washer on the side and then drilled a hole to put a pin threw (the pin I used was one from another pedal assembly and was actually used to hold the brake rod in place). Now it's got a good bushing and it won't slide around or slip off. It's been two years and no problems, no play whatsoever.

(2) i curently have the same problem. tom i am making a bushing then drilling a small hole in the linkage so a pin can go through and lock it in place. and if u do replace the master clyinder the local autoparts place here sold me one for $45 all metal and the pushrod was even metal which i liked.

(3)Plastic pushrod!! What junk. Mine is not plastic and the Autozone replacement was also steel. Mine is a 92. Maybe they're different. I replaced one of the cross shaft bushings too because the pushrod and crosh shaft lever were both wore to hell. The cross shaft bushings are plastic too. Junk like that will be worn out in minutes. Ford can sure make some junk sometimes. What good is a "Ford Tough" truck when the plastic junk holding your clutch pedal together falls apart. I just don't get it. The worst thing about it is that the plastic bushing is $12 after market and probably $1000 at the stealership.

(4)Finally found the correct bushing in one of those "Help" kits at Autozone, at the suggestion of an older thread either on this Forum or another. Six bucks and toss the other 4 bushings, but it was a 10 minute fix. Thanks everyone for your input!
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 19:31   #3 (permalink)

I did the #2 idea on my 93 f250 years ago. Worked great.
Gray Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:35   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Whiskers View Post
I did the #2 idea on my 93 f250 years ago. Worked great.
Often found the simplest repairs / solutions were the best .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 15:20   #5 (permalink)

The package of little white nylon bushings at Auto Zone for $6 had the part I needed.... perfect match... BUT! I have bigger problems....

The clutch/brake pedal assembly is worn to the point that the shaft is moving excessively. I think I need to replace the whole assembly.... the search begins for a new one!
skid2964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:54   #6 (permalink)

Junk yard or LMC is your best bet. Let us know how you make out wit it.
Gray Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel