Need Help....Locking Hub 1999 F250 SuperDuty - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 15:54   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Need Help....Locking Hub 1999 F250 SuperDuty

This is my first truck with locking hubs and I just found a problem. It looks like the passenger side front isnt locking in. wether the hub is in locked or auto, when I jack up that side I can spin the tire. Also when I turn the drive shaft the passenger side doesnt spin. Is this a problem in the Diff or axel. Any good info would be great.
STacker_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 19:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need Help....Locking Hub 1999 F250 SuperDuty

to really find out cuz sum the newer trucks can allow them to spin freely put jackstands and i mean sturdy 1s under it and make sure all 4 tires are off ground have a friend get in while its in 4x4 and just put it in drive while in 4x4 a hub gear could be stripped wat happended on mine. ez fix just need new hub assemblyfixed mine in less then an hour and i had 2 hand pack bearings n all tht
bigredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:05   #3 (permalink)

confused Re: Need Help....Locking Hub 1999 F250 SuperDuty

ok this is a little similar. I have a 01 f250. The problem Im seeing is while driving the driver side tires starts to make a rubben sound. Not vibrating but an almost tire rubben the leaf spring. It doesn' so it all the time and will stop when the truck almost comes to a complete stop. Sometimes it stops while moving but resumes with a small bump in the road. Quick switch to 4x4 high in the cab and it stops. Both locking hubs are set in manual and the switch to 2x. Jacked up the truck to notice passenger side locked in and driver side not. Lowered the truck and locked in the hubs. Flipped the switch inside to all set points. Set it back to 2x and set the hubs to Auto. Backed up the truck 50 to 100yrds. Problem surpressed for a few days, miles if want to call it, then it starts back up again. Local mechanic doesn't want to touch it and my other option is the delership. Any help to save some money?
cksetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel