Need some Help 2002 F150 4.2 L V^ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59   #1 (permalink)

Question Need some Help 2002 F150 4.2 L V^

Just noticed that there is an unconnected wire coming out of harness at connector at ignition module. It has a spade connector on it and comes out of the harness just ahead of the connector that connects to the coil pack. I had the coil pack replaced week or so ago and just noticed wire. It must go to something fairly close to the coil pack. It is a red wire with a green stripe on it. I have not done a detailed look but I see nothing obvious close by. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
abrigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2010, 12:55   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Need some Help 2002 F150 4.2 L V^

That connects to a radio noise capacitor.
Old 12-24-2010, 14:05   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Where is the capacitor and what does it look like?? I did not see anything obvious but it has to be close as the wire is only about a foot long. I have been having lots of problems with the ignition module on this thing. We have changed out plugs, wires, and the module itself.
Old 12-24-2010, 18:23   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I'm not sure what it looks like on your truck but most are either a small condensor or a small rectangular part. It should be near the rear and passengers side of the engine.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:14   #5 (permalink)

It's 32F here and snowing so I'll wait for a little more warmth and then get a look with a flashlight etc. Just quick look from the top I didn't see anything. It's got to be close. I can rig an outboard one if I can't find original. I found wiring diagram for similar truck and it shows this wire coming directly off the battery line. Apparently control module puts coils to ground to fire respective coil. This thing is currently not insulated and could be problem. I'll insulate it until I find where it goes.

Thanks for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel