New Guy here with questions???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 13:13   #1 (permalink)

New Guy here with questions????

Well im new here and wondering if anyone can help me.

I live in maryland and bought a 2011 ford f-250 lariat power stroke on saturday feb. 5. the truck was not on the lot is was picked up from virginia and brought to the dealership in maryland. I did not drive the truck sunday at all, monday however I get a low fuel pressure warning on my way to work. I look in the manual and see that it could be gelled fuel. well i had a scheduled appointment that week to get the under coating and clear coat so i called the dealership and they said they will look at it then. That evening i get under the truck just to check the new toy out and notice a connector not plugged in so when i took the truck in a made them aware of that to. so when i go to pick up the truck the dealership tells me my truck had a new motor put in at 5 miles by the dealership in virginia WHAT!!!! the original motor was making a noise and did not meet the compression test. so they give me a 2 year maintinance free plan because they did not tell me when i purchased the truck but they assured me the truck is reliable and they had there best diesel mechs go over it. so the next week it rains and inside my truck is leaking it turns out to be 1 sunroof drain hose not connected and 1 kinked. now i notice a peice hanging from under my front bumper thats barely connected. is there anything that can be done about this??? is it legal to sell a new truck without telling them it has had the engine replaced??? the truck has 1800 miles on it and i really dont trust the work because three things that have been wrong with the truck are directly from the engine replacement. other than all this i absolutly love the truck and all the features. I just wonder what else could not be plugged in or what bolts they forgot to tighten and with a 60 thousand dollar truck i dont think i should have to worry about this. Thanks for listining to me vent and please tell me if there is anything that could be done for my situation.
06GSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 13:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: New Guy here with questions????

If this is not in the right section could admin please put it where it belongs please i was not sure Thanks...
Old 03-25-2011, 15:15   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Moved to the Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 section.

WOW! I'm almost at a loss for words on this one.

When a dealer gets in a load of new vehicles they go through a lengthy inspection process (been there, done that). Anyway, when something was found wrong, we would contact the manufacturer and they would make it right (send us replacement parts, cover labor), but we'd do the work. Sounds to me like A+ quality control at the dealer level and piss poor QC at the manufacturer.

As for a legal standpoint? I don't have a clue. But I sure understand where your coming from.

Anyone else have a opinion?
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 15:25   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Dont know the legalities in the USA , but over here I would want vehicle replaced .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 16:17   #5 (permalink)

Thank you alot for the replys i really didnt no if i was crazy for thinking about a replacment vehicle or not i guess now i just have to find out if anything can be done for this or who i need to contact i just dont feel comfortable long term with this truck...
Old 03-25-2011, 17:59   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

There's a phone number in the back of your owners manual. Hard to say what the first dealer did. That may be where most of the trouble started. Let us know what the outcome is.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:37   #7 (permalink)

So call the number in the back of my manual and tell them my problems? Thanks everybody for the advice
Old 04-03-2011, 15:48   #8 (permalink)
canuck

Phone around your county and get in contact with a lemon law lawyer. They'll work for you with something like this. You can call Ford directly about the problem, but knowingly they won't back it up due to the cost.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel