No dash lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
460 Big Block

Question No dash lights

I have a 92 F250 with a slight leak in the windshield. i noticed one morning that my highbeams were stuck on and when i fiddled with it a small amount of smoke came out of the steering column and there was the distinct smell of wires burning. after this my high beams worked fine, no more smoke but i dont have any dash lights at night when my headlights are on. i have checked every single fuse and thats just not it.... is there anything else to try besides pulling the steering column?
Firemanemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 08:18   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: No dash lights

There shouln't be any wire for the dash light controlled by the steering column. They would be coming from the headlight switche. Here's the diagram for it.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:39   #3 (permalink)
460 Big Block

ok so what is the best way to access this. is it just a matter of taking the dash cover off or is there more to it?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:20   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

See if you have power to the fuse in the fuse panel with the headlights on and the control all the way to bright.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:02   #5 (permalink)
460 Big Block

ok. in will try that. do you know of any common issues that i may be able to prevent as the engine gets older. its the stock 460. the truck has become my baby but there are so many issues coming out (starter, flywheel, alternator, ac co, 4x4 is going) i worked at a gas station so i have some knowledge about cars but not much and im trying to restore the truck the best i can. its got 135000 miles on it and i know those motors last a while. any suggestions on mods, fixes, and jus things to check regularly specific to this engine?
Old 02-27-2010, 16:08   #6 (permalink)
Always the student

As far as the dash lights go, make sure the dimmer on the switch didn't get turned. sounds like you may have a bigger problem, but I would check that first.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 22:18   #7 (permalink)
460 Big Block

i wish it as as easy as just turning the dimmer switch counter clockwise. i mean i have to now anyways. if i forget my gps i gota either use my phone or turn the interior lights on every so often to make sure im not barreling down the highway haha
Old 03-01-2010, 19:05   #8 (permalink)
460 Big Block

i wish it as as easy as just turning the dimmer switch counter clockwise. i mean i have to now anyways. if i forget my gps i gota either use my phone or turn the interior lights on every so often to make sure im not barreling down the highway haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel