Please help me - Page 8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 08:31   #71 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Please help me

^ x 2 . Enjoy some trouble free motoring .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:06   #72 (permalink)

Hope you got it sorted but we go by one rule. " if you didn't find anything physically wrong with it, you didn't fix it. " I'd re read bluegrass's post. And a dirty IAC valve will not stop a vehicle from running.The fuel pump will not run while the engine is cranking. Normal. And the fuel pump will not run if the voltage gets below 10 volts. Your inertia switch is also not a problem. If they crap out or seize it is usually in the on position. If you don't have the proper rail pressure it will not start either. Rail pressure drops, engine stops. It's sounding more and more like an over heating problem. Good luck
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05   #73 (permalink)
TKO

Im sure the big part was going through all of the grounds I was able to see. The battery posts on it before were horrible, and loose, the wires screwed onto the posts had some play I'm them, now there is none, we cut and stripped the wires before putting them into the new posts also. Or maybe the relay that was in my truck for the fuel pump worked, but was weak as mentioned before, maybe moving all of the relays around gave me a good relay in that area. And sand clothing most of the fuses and relays in my distribution box for better connection helped to. Maybe. Im lucky I got away this easy, I've heard horror stories of wires being shorted inside of the wire insulation, with no signs at all

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
TKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:05   #74 (permalink)
Moderators

Remember to use battery terminal spray to reduce corrosion, after cleaning the terminals, of course.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:55   #75 (permalink)
TKO

I will pick some up, add it to my list lol but my carrier bearing used to squeak, then it stopped for almost a month, and now it's starting again, can I spray the thing with something to te It to stop for a while? Like wd-40 or penetrating gel?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 17:10   #76 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

It may have a grease fitting, if not WD-40 is a penetrant and may cause the lubricant to break down and make the situation worse. You're safest bet is to replace it as soon as possible.
Old 11-15-2012, 17:10   #77 (permalink)
TKO

Is 50$ plus 25$ for the bearing separate. 75$ all together bad for someone to press a bearing on for me? A guy in my welding class offered the use of his press for 50$ that's me bringing my own bearing into the shop

Old 11-15-2012, 18:57   #78 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Sounds like he's ripping you off. If you need to buy some time, spray type lithium grease is carried via a penetrant, you might be able to gain a little from it, but if it's that bad, I wouldn't take long trips with it.
Old 11-15-2012, 22:23   #79 (permalink)
TKO

What do you think would be a fair price so I can start looking? Or try to talk him down. Would napa be able to do this of they have a machine shop? And the squeak went away for a couple of weeks and it's back and it's driving me insane

Old 11-16-2012, 06:25   #80 (permalink)
TKO

And can I get that spray at auto zone? What is it called?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel