Powerstroke blowin oil, won't start - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:26   #1 (permalink)

Powerstroke blowin oil, won't start

Hello, I have a 99.5 F350 7.3 with 180,000 miles as I was headed to town it died all the sudden and looked under the hood and there was oil everywhere. I believe it was coming from the turbo, but not sure, anyway I towed it home (only 3 miles) and filled it back up with oil to find where oil was coming from, tried starting it every few hours until the batteries died, nothing. Is there anyway to find where oil was coming from, if I have a blown turbo, if it is an oil line before I have it towed to nearest shop 75 miles away I would like to see if I can fix it myself. Any help will be deeply appreciated, thanks.
rrrawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 08:29   #2 (permalink)
00gtr1

Re: Powerstroke blowin oil, won't start

sounds like the High pressure oil pump is out, thats why it won't start. the fuel injectors need high pressure oil to fire
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 15:42   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrawhide
Hello, I have a 99.5 F350 7.3 with 180,000 miles as I was headed to town it died all the sudden and looked under the hood and there was oil everywhere. I believe it was coming from the turbo, but not sure, anyway I towed it home (only 3 miles) and filled it back up with oil to find where oil was coming from, tried starting it every few hours until the batteries died, nothing. Is there anyway to find where oil was coming from, if I have a blown turbo, if it is an oil line before I have it towed to nearest shop 75 miles away I would like to see if I can fix it myself. Any help will be deeply appreciated, thanks.
there is several thigns cause this get you a pic of top of engine the other answer is right too but you do have senors on top of left head also likea presure sending unit that could be bad i would degrease engine some what and look around the high presure oil pump and the sending units alround the fuel filter housing for ooil leaks as the h p oil pump builds around 3000 to 6000 psi oil to make injectors to work and you do have couple oil lines too
wvandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 20:06   #4 (permalink)

the leaks is possibly coming from one of the high pressure hoses from the high pressure oil pump to head ive seen this a lot also ive seen the high pressure hose fitting on the high pressure oil pump blow off you should be able to see this with very ease try this and let me know
forddtken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel