problem diesel f-250 6.0 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 14:50   #1 (permalink)

problem diesel f-250 6.0

I have a problem with my diesel it will shut off or lose power for just a couple of seconds then come back on while i'm driving i had it in the dealer they don't know what it is they disconected some censor but it still dose it .it all started after my auto lock on the right side froze up . it shook real hard when that happened . took it to the dealer they fixed that and replaced my ball joint's and axel joint on the right side. when i got it back this started happening . anyone got any ideas .
M Ford 250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 05:38   #2 (permalink)
wwb

Re: problem diesel f-250 6.0

It's rather strange to have something like that happen without storing an error code and lighting up the "check engine". Fuel filter maybe?
wwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 16:34   #3 (permalink)

you are right that is what i thought the dealer said it showed nothing , no code , no error . the water in the fuel light and glow plug light comes on but no check engine light the fuel filters were the first things that i changed . it seems to me like some sort of short .when it shuts down it doesn't totaly die it just looses power then slowly comes back
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34   #4 (permalink)

Some diesels have a feature to prevent engine overheating. When the engine begins to overheat, some of the cylinders stop firing, result in a cooling action to the engine rather than causing additional heat build up. When the condition improves, the cylinders again begin firing. The result is a loss of power when the cylinders turn to the cooling mode; the power returns when they fire again. This happens to me on hot days (I'm in Phoenix) when pulling my boat up a steep grade. However, I had no shaking, and the period where power is low was much longer than several seconds (e.g. until I reached to the top of the grade, plus a few seconds).
Duke2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 17:35   #5 (permalink)

I took it back to the dealer they found a wire that ran under the turbo pipe that was shorting out . it was no bigger than a ball point pen . it was rubbing on a bolt on the top of the motor. so far its been runing with no problems .
Old 09-08-2007, 01:24   #6 (permalink)

My F250 on a long hard pull would loose power. As soon as it cooled a bit the power would return.
The dealer found that the oil temprature was getting too hot. It was supposed to be within 25 deg of the coolant temp. It was 50 degrees hotter than the coolant. The engine oil cooler was replaced and the problem solved.
Many dealers are not aware of this. When the oil temprature gets too hot, the computer restricts the fuel input. (self preservation)
I had to go to 3 dealers before the problem was solved.
papabear8233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel