Problems filling up my 94 ford f150 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 11:36   #1 (permalink)

Problems filling up my 94 ford f150

I have developed a problem with my truck Help! THis summer I hauled a load of scrap in my truck and broke the spring hanger on my drivers side. this proceded to put a hole in my fuel filler tube. Well I got that repaired and then I tore out the rear end. So needless to say my truck has been down for most of the summer. However I put a new rearend under it last week and started to drive it again when I noticed i have a serious problem. Now when i go to put gas in it I can only get like less than a gallon and the pump swiches off and I cant get any more in the tank. my back tank leaks like a sieve so i cant use it and I only get like 8mpg anyways and live way out in the country so When i fuel up I really need a substantial amount of gas. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I am by no means a mechanic but im trying to learn and when I have called dealerships around here they just tell me to bring it in which im sure has to do with them wanting money and thinking because im a girl I couldnt possibly fix this myself.
Christinatomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 14:34   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Problems filling up my 94 ford f150

Sounds like tank is not venting correctly .Could check there are no vent pipes / hoses blocked or flattened .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 16:05   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Problems filling up my 94 ford f150

My daughter owns an '07 Mustang. They are notorious for fuel filling/vent problems. She (we) discovered that the tank will fill full if you try turning the pump nozzle sideways, or even upside down, when filling the tank. This solution works for girls too (sorry) and might help until you can get the tank fixed.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel