Really Upset, Please Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 20:28   #1 (permalink)
AlleyKat

Really Upset, Please Help

Hi, Everyone, Listen I'm Desperately Looking For Some Advice, I Hope Some One Can Point Me In The Right Direction.. I Have A 2005 Ford F350 6.0L Diesel And Up To Today It Worked Great... But I Was Doing A Led Light Install And I Killed My Battery. So I Got My Truck Jumped And Now I've Lost All My Gauges ( Fuel, Tack, Everything ) My Temp Control Is Even Out, But Engine Lights In My Cluster Work Fine. My Chime No Longer Works And My Radio Turns On When Truck Is Totally Off. The Truck Starts Just Fine, Idle And Revs Are Normal, All Fuses Are Fine ( Checked Every One ) But When I Put It in Drive And Push Down On The Gas Pedal I Loose All Power And I Sounds Like The Engines Starts To Idle Quite High. The Only Way To Stop This To Turn Off The Truck All Together...... Now, When I Do That ( Shut Off My Truck ) A Clicking Sound Comes From In My Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel ( Behind The Full ISO Relay Fuses ) Did I Do Something To My Computer Or Could It Be A Loose Wire Some Ware.. I Scares The Shit Out Of Me Because I Can Not Drive My Truck... Do These Relay Fuses Play Big Roll In This Kind Of Thing And What Would A Guy Have To Do To Correct This Terrible Problem ? I Would Greatly Appreciate Any Advice Or Help As This Truck Is My Families Only Transportation... My Phone Number Is (780) 633-1019.. Feel Free To Call If Any Questions...
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 11:26   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Really Upset, Please Help

I would start with a battery. A shorted or bad battery will cause all sorts of problems like you describe.

Swap a battery from another vehicle maybe just to see.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 14:35   #3 (permalink)
AlleyKat

Thanks John, I'll Try That....
Old 06-20-2007, 08:38   #4 (permalink)
AlleyKat

Hey Guys, For You That happen To Have the Same Kind Of Problem I Did, I Found A Answer That Could Help You Save Alot Of Money At A Dealership.. Other Shops Wouldn't Touch It Because They Said It Was A Ford Problem And They Needed To Look At It. Well Ford Is Really Expensive!!! So I Am Going To Post The Info I Found Out And I Hope It Helps Some One In THere Similar Problems.. Here It Goes, You really need to check the voltage on those fuses during the failure. Im not a betting man but I would bet that you will find the voltages lower than battery volts.That would indicate a bad ignition switch which is becoming all top common theses days.Your radio turning on when the truck is turned off gives evidence to my statement.Your cluster will not work properly with a bad ignition switch. ( Ford Told Me It Could Be My Main Computer And It Would Be About 2000.00 To Fix ) But I Told Them About The Lower Voltage Problem Whith Lead Them To THe Ignition ) Saved A Ton Of Money..... I Guess This Voltage Problem Is Becoming A Commen Problem in Fords.... Hope This Helps.......
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel