Rear Tank not pumping?!? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2005, 19:00   #1 (permalink)

Rear Tank not pumping?!?

Has anyone had this happen.... My new rear tank/pump decided this week not to pump. So while I throw the switch from front to back, and the gauge reads the rear tank, it STILL pumps from the front. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Omar
89 F-150
69 Cougar 351W
69 Cougar 428CJ
OmarM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2005, 14:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: Rear Tank not pumping?!?

So here's what happened... I removed the switch to find heat distortion due to voltage of the large diameter wires. This pushed back the connectors for the fuel switch, but not the level transmitters.

So I replaced teh switch and now all is well.

Omar
Old 12-05-2005, 05:51   #3 (permalink)
'88 F-150

good! that post will probably help out a good bit of people. too bad i havent had that problem or i would have given you a reply about it. congrats on having fixed it.
Torcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 14:07   #4 (permalink)

Ah - so I thought, but I was wrong. Just think... New tank and LP pump (they both were rotted, so they had to be replaced), new switch and fuse. Still doesn't work. There has to be a relay someplace! I'll find it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel