reset antitheft - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 18:51   #1 (permalink)

reset antitheft

i have a 1999 f-250 , and i lost the key. i have a 2000 f-150 which was wrecked, can i use this ignition in my f-250?
jeff l is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 19:45   #2 (permalink)

Re: reset antitheft

Go to Ford dealership and buy new keys
professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 19:47   #3 (permalink)

F-Series have seperate pats module under dash, can be swoped if your good, or you can just disable pats in the ecu.
professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 17:17   #4 (permalink)

would this also work on a 2003 focus?
delvalle1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:16   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

If you are talking about the ignition lock, just have your new lock keyed to match your old key by a locksmith.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 19:30   #6 (permalink)

No its not the metal "key" part of the key. The plastic key handle has a PATS (passive anti theft system) transceiver chip. The car portion of the PATS system is a module that will keep the car from starting if they are not programmed right. On some cars this means no crank, on others it meant no ignition. If you have a spare key, the erased key can be reprogrammed with a series of key-on, key-off maneuvers. I believe I have the factory instructions somewhere for those year keys, but before I dig it up let me know if it will help. If the keys have the same looking handle they can be exchanged between years and vehicles, but again you need to have one spare key that works with you car or you need to go to the dealer.

By the way, all of this also applies for the remote key-fobs.. at least on the late 90's-early 00's.
847alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel