Shifter stuck in park. No power to windows - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 17:52   #1 (permalink)

Shifter stuck in park. No power to windows

I own a 2001 Ford 150 Super cab w/Triton V-8 w/ automatic transmission. After starting the engine today, I immediately notice it was running a little rough. with in a couple of minutes it seemed to calmed down....however, I attempted to roll down the power windows and nothing happened...I pressed on the brake peddle and attempted to put the automatic shifter on the column from park into reverse and it would not budge...I can not get it out of park....????? Looking for suggestions...Thanks...
pbordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2007, 18:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: Shifter stuck in park. No power to windows

I am not to sure about the windows but I had a similar problemwith my '97 F-150. Look under the steering wheel on the brake pedal lever, and there should be a small box with 2 wires, that is the brake/shift interlock. The wires may be loose, or else it has to be replaced. It should only cost a couple of buck. Let me know if it works.
jo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 18:20   #3 (permalink)

I just thought about the window problem. My cousin had it happen to his '99 F-150, all he had to do was pop the window control panel up and put pressure on the wire then try it.
jo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 19:08   #4 (permalink)

checked all fuses?there are two switches on your brake pedal one for brake lights and one for the shifter interlock might be unplugged or n.f.g.
bkmurray98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:13   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I've got a newer truck than you and my power window motor died. If you want a new one from the stealer it's $110 or less if you get a rebuilt off the net. Be ready to drill access holes if it has never been replaced. I'm gonna let the local garage do it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel