Still soft pedal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By CatSkinner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-17, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Still soft pedal

With love and respect.

I have had fords all my life and can"t figure this one out. Please help!!!

1990 Ford F-350 One ton dually, I was having issues with having to bleed the brakes to get a pedal that feels right. By the time I was done I have replaced everything on the brake system. on the front new calipers, bearings, rotors, brake pads, break lines, brake booster, master cylinder

On the back new break cylinders, shoes, spring kits, drums, bearings, seals, Put new fluid through whole system. Mostly wanted all new because I am rebuilding the whole truck. Can"t afford $79.000.00 for a new truck. Already new rebuilt tyranny (bullet proof) new upper/lower ball joints, new inner outer tie rods, shocks etc.

I still have a very soft pedal. I adjusted the arm on the brake booster until they rubbed and backed it off. A little at a time. I have bled them no less than a dozen times. Please help because I am stumped at this point.

I have not replaced the lines and have checked them from end to end. No leaks., Have I missed something? Break pedal still goes to floor before I get any brake.

Respectfully
FordFord

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-17, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Re: Still soft pedal

I also put a new abs sencer as well that is on the frame.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-17, 04:42 PM
Moderators

Are the rear wheel brake cylinders installed the right way up; with the bleed port uppermost/ above the brake line port?

Regards Blue

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-17, 09:17 AM
Dazed and Confused

I'd start climbing under with a flashlight and checking joints. If all the lines are new, you're not likely to have a line weeping, but it could be from a fitting that's not quite leak proof. I chased a soft pedal for a couple of weeks, never saw a drip until my weeper opened up to a leaker. My issue was up in the frame rail on old brake line, but I've seen similar issues with fittings.It doesn't take much of a leak to create a soft pedal, you might not get any active drips. Usually I go back and clean everything with degreaser or brake cleaner (depending on location) and once it's good and dry, I give the pedal some hard pumps, then wipe the new joints with a dry paper towel to see if I have any wetting.
Aussiblue likes this.

Ever notice that there's so many high performance parts available for GM products?

Did you ever think that maybe they NEED them?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-17, 09:29 AM
Moderators

Tried a pressure bleeding kit ? Usually available for hire or loan .

Never, never, never give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel